- Open (a door or window) by drawing back a bolt: he ran down the stairs and unbolted the heavy wooden doorMore example sentences
- He folded the schedule up neatly and put it in one of the pockets sewn into his cloak before unbolting the door and opening it.
- Mr Whitelaw used his mobile to call police, and they were on the scene within minutes - unbolting the cupboard door and freeing him unharmed.
- The task of unbolting the door to the medieval chapel at Clifford's Tower has fallen to history graduate Sarah Robinson, who is set to help visitors explore its fascinating past.
More definitions of unboltDefinition of unbolt in:
- The US English dictionary