- Not having submitted to pressure or demands: they are unbowed by centuries of colonial ruleMore example sentences
- For a man who has been criticised vociferously over the past few months, he looks supremely unbowed.
- The only man to retire from the punishing demands of the heavyweight category unbowed by defeat in any fight was Rocky Marciano.
- At the start, Casey stands feet astride, ready to take on all comers; by the end she is the walking wounded - bruised, battered and yet triumphantly unbowed.
More definitions of unbowedDefinition of unbowed in:
- The US English dictionary