- 1Not broken, fractured, or damaged: an unbroken glassMore example sentences
- MMA can also be absorbed through even unbroken skin, do permanent damage to the nail's molecular structure and be further absorbed into the body.
- Doctors are worried because the gene causes the spread of MRSA between healthy people with unbroken skin who would not normally be expected to pick up infections in this way.
- Served hot, those mouth-watering dumplings are juicy, and the unbroken skin of each xiao long bao holds plenty of flavorsome broth inside.
- 2Not interrupted or disturbed; continuous: a night of sleep unbroken by nightmaresMore example sentences
- What is unique about the Wren in Dingle is that it has continued as an unbroken tradition, under-going changes with the years, but never dying out or being changed in the way associated with conscious revivals.
- This tradition continues unbroken to the present day, and the teachings of enlightened Kagyu masters are considered among the most precious jewels of spiritual insight and practical guidance in the world.
- The endless plains continued unbroken and unaffected by political boundaries.
- 2.1(Of a record) not surpassed: a 13-year unbroken record of increasing profitsMore example sentences
- The Yanks cheated with rule changes to suite themselves during the challenge, so that they could attempt to retain their unbroken record.
- The record was unbroken for half a century until the early 1980s.
- Weathermen remember that Kochi received 25 cm of rain on that day, which is still an unbroken record.
- 3(Of a horse) not tamed or accustomed to being ridden.More example sentences
- Kind of like trying to ride an unbroken horse, it is going to take a while for both of you to get used to one another.
- Five judges and you will watch as 10 young unbroken horses enter the arena and meet the clinician for the first time.
- She picked up lizards, rode dangerously stupid unbroken horses, and attempted big jumps on her bike without batting an eyelid.
- 4(Of land) not cultivated.More example sentences
- The jeep sped on across barren, unbroken terrain, then its headlights revealed a building up ahead, a large warehouse with corrugated metal walls and roof.
- The park protects a vast tract of unbroken tussock grassland that, due to farming and ploughing, is now rare and vulnerable in New Zealand.
- In my rearview mirror, as I drove away, I couldn't help noticing how that dying rabbit seemed to brace the tree it lay against, and the unbroken, wild landscape beyond.
- More example sentences
- But the nature of eternity seems to consist precisely in remaining unbrokenly the same throughout the whole course of time.
- Lying flat on his back, he stared up into the unbrokenly blue sky falling over the edge of the corn.
- It has a thriving tourist industry, its hotel-backed beach running almost unbrokenly up to Benicarló.
- More example sentences
- Because of unbrokenness, we can find it very difficult to share our real spiritual need with others.
- It's only because we imagine some state of unbrokenness that we think brokenness is tragic.
- We have insisted all along that unbrokenness at the lower level is a condition of and not an argument against the presence and effectiveness of higher organizing factors.