(also unburned /-ˈbəːnt, -ˈbəːnd/)
- 1Not damaged or destroyed by fire: the remains of a campfire with unburnt wood and dry ashesMore example sentences
- ‘We'll draw straws,’ Nick said, reaching forward and pulling an unburned twig from the fire.
- Hydrophobicity has been recorded in dry, unburned soils but may be intensified by fire.
- In both burned and unburned areas, Wood Thrushes selected nest sites with higher cover of ferns and forbs in comparison to random sites.
- 1.1(Especially of bricks) not exposed to heat in a kiln.More example sentences
- For unburnt brick lasts well enough so long as it is protected from the weather, but rapidly goes to pieces when exposed to it.
More definitions of unburntDefinition of unburnt in:
- The US English dictionary