- 1 [with object] Unfasten the buttons of (a garment): unbuttoning her jacket she sat down at the tableMore example sentences
- All we need in order to master the operation of a digital camera is how to turn a few buttons, as if unbuttoning our jacket in a dark room.
- His button down shirt was unbuttoned, letting his strong, pale-skinned, muscles show.
- Sitting in an armchair in the senator's office, Alito forgot to unbutton his suit jacket, causing his tie to stick out and his jacket to bunch up.
- 2 [no object] • informal Relax and become less inhibited: unbutton a little, MollyMore example sentences
- This isn't the first time I've been here when there has been a group of very noisy women who seem to be using dining as an excuse to get hammered with their mates and unbutton a little.
More definitions of unbuttonDefinition of unbutton in:
- The US English dictionary