- (Of a player) never having been chosen as a member of a particular sports team, especially a national one.More example sentences
- The 19-year-old uncapped Kaarthick, rewarded for his consistent performance at the domestic level, is currently doing duty for India ‘A’ in Zimbabwe.
- To retain four uncapped spinners could be regarded as unnecessary and Ellison may already have been considered surplus to requirements along with Ripon-born opening batsman John Inglis and reserve wicketkeeper Matthew Thewlis.
- Today's England side, led by Gloucester prop Phil Vickery, includes eight uncapped players, with the likes of Lawrence Dallaglio, Will Greenwood, Kyran Bracken and Iain Balshaw out of contention.
More definitions of uncappedDefinition of uncapped in:
- The US English dictionary