Having or showing a lack of courtesy; rough or abrupt: he was known for his strong views and unceremonious manners
More example sentences
- Representatives of striking Metrobus drivers on Wednesday walked out of a meeting called to resolve the dispute between the drivers and the company, bringing the proceedings to an abrupt and unceremonious end.
- Many say the biggest casualty that Bangalore has suffered is the unceremonious exit of former chief minister S M Krishna, who was the driving force behind Bangalore's explosive growth in the IT sector in the last few years.
- Which is why his protestations about his unceremonious exit from Newcastle being ‘ancient history’ have a hollow ring.
- Example sentences
- But the reason for stripping the event of the informality and unceremoniousness of a regulation rock concert became quickly evident.
- Many people have conflicted responses to his brusqueness or unceremoniousness - or superciliousness.
- The paintings are borne by an energy and unceremoniousness issuing from the canvases, grasping the audience.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|cere¦mo¦ni|ous
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.