1Not officially recognized as having a certain status or meeting certain standards: uncertified accountants
More example sentences
- The Baker ruling apparently supports Salvadore's cause, as courts now recognize that Canadian-born children of uncertified immigrants have an interest in their parents' situation.
- ‘Clearly the uncertified software is illegal,’ Sadler said Thursday.
- Under EU and Irish law, it is illegal to market uncertified seed.
1.1Not attested or confirmed in a formal statement.
- These as yet uncertified figures, Ferrari Enzo territory, are far from the whole point.
- Apparently, certified false info is better than uncertified correct info.
- Although still uncertified, the numbers announced today show a decisive victory for Iraq's Shiite population.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|cer¦ti¦fied
Definition of uncertified in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.