Definition of unchivalrous in English:
(Of a man or his behaviour) discourteous, especially towards women.
- Unsurprisingly, Mr Manners took to blundering into my flat at 3.30 am in a most unchivalrous manner: blind drunk, ranting that his mother didn't love him.
- He opposed violence against women, because it was unchivalrous toward what he called the ‘weaker sex’.
- Americans have largely ignored the tell-all books by unchivalrous butlers, bodyguards, and companions.
- Example sentences
- Like Flaubert, Daudet was a syphilitic, boasting unchivalrously that he'd caught the disease from ‘a lady from the top drawer’.
- Also, the duellist in barely saluting his opponent and attacking with two weapons acted unchivalrously.
- In fact, he was renowned for spending more times in the air than being at home sorting domestic problems, which he unchivalrously has now handed over to his successor.