- archaic term for unclean.More example sentences
- Repton substituted ornamental gardens for ‘the uncleanly, pathless grass of a forest, filled with troublesome animals of every kind, and some occasionally dangerous.’
- Looking up and down the short hallway, Virginia saw the sight of the large, uncleanly crewmen celebrating an unknown occasion with large mugs of ale.
- It is, in fact, a point of honour with young Heathcliff to be uncleanly.
More definitions of uncleanlyDefinition of uncleanly in:
- The US English dictionary