Definition of unco in English:
Unusual or remarkable.
- I was so excited I tripped and twisted my ankle (although not, of course, in an unco way).
- So he mounted the blocks in his resplendent blue Speedos and did a massive unco belly flop on the starters gun.
- A straight right, an upper cut, a right hook or some unco combination of all three?
adverb[as submodifier] Back to top
noun (plural uncos)Back to top
- Best of all, even a total unco like me can complete the tasks with a bit of practice.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'unknown, strange'): alteration of uncouth.
the unco guid
- ɡɪd chiefly derogatory Strictly religious people.Example sentences
- Malawi has had a long record as fashion accessory to the unco guid in Edinburgh.
- We are not a humourless, unco guid congregation - far from it.
- The unco guid, who held Scotland in thrall to the ducking-stool in times past, have reinvented themselves.
Words that rhyme with uncobunco, junco
Definition of unco in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan