Definition of unco in English:
Unusual or remarkable.
- I was so excited I tripped and twisted my ankle (although not, of course, in an unco way).
- So he mounted the blocks in his resplendent blue Speedos and did a massive unco belly flop on the starters gun.
- A straight right, an upper cut, a right hook or some unco combination of all three?
adverb[as submodifier] Back to top
noun (plural uncos)Back to top
- Best of all, even a total unco like me can complete the tasks with a bit of practice.
the unco guid
- ɡɪd chiefly derogatory Strictly religious people.Example sentences
- Malawi has had a long record as fashion accessory to the unco guid in Edinburgh.
- We are not a humourless, unco guid congregation - far from it.
- The unco guid, who held Scotland in thrall to the ducking-stool in times past, have reinvented themselves.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'unknown, strange'): alteration of uncouth.
Words that rhyme with uncobunco, junco
Definition of unco in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.