Definition of uncomprehending in English:
Showing or having an inability to comprehend something: an uncomprehending silence
More example sentences
- Starring Dennis Quaid, it is the latest in a line of American sports movies to try their luck in front of largely uncomprehending British audiences.
- It's been around since long before Basil Fawlty was reduced to fits of apoplectic rage by the uncomprehending antics of his dim-witted Spanish waiter Manuel in Fawlty Towers.
- Our own emotions, once as uncomprehending and slow as the delivery of relief supplies, fill with a foreboding as large as the events on the screen.
- Example sentences
- I just grabbed code from here and there and uncomprehendingly stuck it together.
- The movie's a little bit like Happy, Texas or Drop Dead Gorgeous, and a little bit more like Clueless, right down to people uncomprehendingly parroting rude words in French - revealed in subtitles.
- As the majority of the audience, made up of Sanskrit scholars, teachers and students, nodded in approval at every sentence, the few uninitiated members of the crowd stared on uncomprehendingly.
Definition of uncomprehending in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan