Definition of unconquerable in English:
(Especially of a place, people, or emotion) not conquerable: an unconquerable pride
More example sentences
- Maybe the rest of the city is quivering in terror, cowering at home, hiding with unconquerable fear?
- She had managed to stay completely unruffled during the entire conversation, defying what he knew about humans and their unconquerable pride.
- This strength, this invincibility, this unconquerable identification caused the Prudential Insurance Company in 1896 to use the Rock as their brand to symbolize a defense from all obstacles.
- Example sentences
- However, please forgive my teasing, for I am in an unconquerably joyous mood.
- Olive is an ordinary but unconquerably optimistic girl with a fascination for beauty contests.
- In contrast, the towers and anchors stand unconquerably rigid and strong.
Definition of unconquerable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan