(Especially of a place, people, or emotion) not conquerable: an unconquerable pride
More example sentences
- Maybe the rest of the city is quivering in terror, cowering at home, hiding with unconquerable fear?
- She had managed to stay completely unruffled during the entire conversation, defying what he knew about humans and their unconquerable pride.
- This strength, this invincibility, this unconquerable identification caused the Prudential Insurance Company in 1896 to use the Rock as their brand to symbolize a defense from all obstacles.
- More example sentences
- However, please forgive my teasing, for I am in an unconquerably joyous mood.
- Olive is an ordinary but unconquerably optimistic girl with a fascination for beauty contests.
- In contrast, the towers and anchors stand unconquerably rigid and strong.
Definition of unconquerable in:
- The US English dictionary