Not controllable: her brother had an uncontrollable temper
More example sentences
- It's associated with a fiery temper, with an uncontrollable individuality and impetuousness.
- An old flame and I met and reignited uncontrollable fires of passion.
- That may be true of the play but it isn't true of Don Carlos the man; driven, as he is, by an uncontrollable passion.
unmanageable, out of control, ungovernable, wild, unruly, disorderly, recalcitrant, refractory, obstreperous, turbulent, intractable, incorrigible, disobedient, delinquent, insubordinate, defiant, non-compliant, undisciplined
British informal stroppy, bolshie
wild, violent, forceful, frantic, frenzied, furious, raging, raving, mad, crazed, hysterical, maniacal, manic
informal crazy, hyper
- Example sentences
- As background factors, graveness, uncontrollableness and repeated history of grand attack are frequently seen.
- The particular risk of biological agents, when used as weapons, is their extreme uncontrollableness.
- Given their unpredictableness and their uncontrollableness, all there is left is recovery.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|con¦trol¦lable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.