Unwilling to help others or do what they ask: I can recall him soothing uncooperative clients on the telephone the authorities were inclined to be uncooperative
More example sentences
- He had poor eye contact and was generally uncooperative and unwilling to be interviewed.
- He has been uncooperative, unhelpful, and particularly rude to teaching staff.
- Was the problem really that the candidate was stubborn and uncooperative?
unhelpful, awkward, disobliging, unaccommodating, unamenable, unreasonable, unwilling, recalcitrant, perverse, contrary, stubborn, wilful, stiff-necked, unyielding, unbending, inflexible, unadaptable, immovable, obstructive, difficult, obstreperous, troublesome, tiresome, disobedient;
North American rock-ribbed
- Example sentences
- But by responding slowly or uncooperatively to information requests from the commission, Administration officials or bureaucrats can gum up the works rather easily.
- ‘Who's asking?’ she responds uncooperatively and takes out a cigarette, lighting it.
- ‘I mean, I missed talking to you,’ he explained, but wasn't sure if the expression on Lara's face was relief or embarrassment as she glanced away uncooperatively.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.