- Not formally crowned as a monarch: the as yet uncrowned King Edward I • figurative the uncrowned king of BerlinMore example sentences
- A man of such power, they called him ‘the uncrowned king of Scotland’.
- Richard, of royal blood, decided he wanted to be undisputed king, so the uncrowned child-king Edward and his little brother Richard Duke of York ended up murdered in the Tower in 1483.
- Despite his contributions to Bath's prosperity and the establishment of its Mineral Water Hospital, the corporation coldly watched its uncrowned king slide into poverty, but interred him in Bath abbey.
More definitions of uncrownedDefinition of uncrowned in:
- The US English dictionary