Not clear or defined: undefined areas of jurisdiction he felt an undefined longing
More example sentences
- How vague and indistinct and undefined the ideas of most men are upon the subject!
- They can latch onto a rhetoric of ‘social justice,’ ever vague and undefined.
- In this latest reply, however, you seem to be shifting the definition a bit to make it more vague and undefined.
unspecified, unexplained, non-specific, unspecific, indeterminate, undetermined, unfixed, unsettled;
unclear, woolly, imprecise, inexact, indefinite, vague
indistinct, indefinite, formless, indistinguishable, barely perceptible, vague, hazy, misty, shadowy, nebulous, dim, obscure, blurred, blurry, bleary, out of focus
- Example sentences
- In both traditions it is undefinable and unexplainable, elusive, frustratingly near and far, always so close yet just outside intellect's reach.
- The best journalists are often those who bring the undefinable, the intangible, to their work.
- While they haven't completely gone in a new direction, their sound just continues to evolve in an increasingly complex, and previously undefinable way.
- Example sentences
- Overall, there's an undefinably exotic texture that seems somehow strange and familiar at the same time.
- The fish was fresh, but there was something undefinably wrong with the rice, and all the sushi was just shoddily made.
- Any one paragraph of its output could be mistaken for human, but there was something undefinably strange about it; he could tell what the computer was arguing, but not why.
Words that rhyme with undefinedaffined, behind, bind, blind, find, hind, humankind, interwind, kind, mankind, mind, nonaligned, resigned, rind, unaligned, unassigned, unconfined, undersigned, undesigned, unlined, unrefined, unsigned, wynd
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.