Provide with insufficient or inadequate representation: women are under-represented at high levels
More example sentences
- If people are under-represented on campus or in the employment figures, that could be evidence of an underlying social injustice.
- Citizens who are not students are in danger of being under-represented in their area if students have access to such direct political representation.
- The company believes it is under-represented in the capital, with only one of its 30 Scottish stores located in the city, compared with six in Glasgow.
- Example sentences
- Many people we consulted throughout the course of the project expressed frustration that, although the problem of under-representation has been recognised and discussed over a number of years, very little has been done.
- The proper response to the under-representation of state pupils is to raise school standards, not discriminate against the brightest.
- The profession has recognised that something must be done to address its woeful under-representation of women.
Definition of under-represent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.