Definition of under-represent in English:
Provide with insufficient or inadequate representation: women are under-represented at high levels
More example sentences
- If people are under-represented on campus or in the employment figures, that could be evidence of an underlying social injustice.
- Citizens who are not students are in danger of being under-represented in their area if students have access to such direct political representation.
- The company believes it is under-represented in the capital, with only one of its 30 Scottish stores located in the city, compared with six in Glasgow.
- Example sentences
- Many people we consulted throughout the course of the project expressed frustration that, although the problem of under-representation has been recognised and discussed over a number of years, very little has been done.
- The proper response to the under-representation of state pupils is to raise school standards, not discriminate against the brightest.
- The profession has recognised that something must be done to address its woeful under-representation of women.
Definition of under-represent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan