Definition of underemphasize in English:
Place insufficient emphasis on: history is underemphasized in the curriculum
More example sentences
- Second, I think the piece underemphasizes the scholarly reason for blogging.
- This cast and this production prove their superiority again here and serve the script well, neither overplaying the melodrama or underemphasizing the pain.
- Historically, supervisors seem to have underemphasized the power that is inherent in the evaluative and gatekeeping roles of supervisors, a role that supervisees rarely forget.
- Example sentences
- In our approach to environmental problems, there is an enduring overemphasis on visible air and water pollution and an underemphasis on the decline of ecosystem services and the population consumption factors driving that decline.
- When a technique is overused or too many devices occur at the same time the result is overemphasis; when a technique is underused or too few devices occur the result is underemphasis.
Definition of underemphasize in:
- US English dictionary