verb[with object] Photography
Expose (film or an image) for too short a time: (as adjective underexposed) an underexposed picture
More example sentences
- What you should be seeing is; if you overexpose the image should be lighter and if you underexpose the image will be darker.
- The left image is underexposed, resulting in a dark image: foreground detail is heavily muted, and the window to our right is completely invisible.
- From an imaging perspective, several photographs were either underexposed or blurred due to insufficient exposure time.
- Example sentences
- Keep the sun itself out of the frame or it will trick the meter into severe underexposure.
- In the case of underexposure or overexposure, the photograph could immediately be taken again.
Words that rhyme with underexposeappose, arose, Bose, brose, chose, close, compose, diagnose, self-diagnose, doze, enclose, expose, foreclose, froze, hose, impose, interpose, juxtapose, Montrose, noes, nose, oppose, plainclothes, pose, propose, prose, rose, suppose, those, transpose, uprose
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: under|expose
Definition of underexpose in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.