- 1.1 • formal Provide support or a firm basis for: that’s a philosophy that needs to undergird retailers' business plans this yearMore example sentences
- Some are, some aren't, depending on the philosophical basis which undergird those theories.
- Her primary argument that passion undergirds all vital human endeavor and is the underlying basis for all human motivation/action leads to her overall conclusion.
- Until there are some real human institutions undergirding their society, they need a semi-authoritarian center.
More definitions of undergirdDefinition of undergird in:
- The US English dictionary