- Plant or cultivate the ground around (a tall plant) with smaller plants: the roses are underplanted with pink and white bulbsMore example sentences
- While everyone underplants trees with spring-flowering crocus, you don't see their autumn equivalent too often, possibly because the enormous corms are expensive.
- Initially the trees were underplanted with heathers and bedding, but 15 years ago we started growing snowdrops and now the garden has a collection of roughly 120 varieties.
- I always prefer to grow natives with natives, which is why I would choose to underplant gum trees with just a few clumps of lomandra or dianella.
More definitions of underplantDefinition of underplant in:
- The US English dictionary