Having an insufficient or very small population: the rocky and underpopulated west coast
More example sentences
- Most decisions were driven by the need to attract and maintain population, having inherited an apparently underpopulated land.
- The aim of the £20 million package is to fast-track spending into the 16 most underpopulated areas in the country.
- All we had to do was pipe water from the underpopulated, rain-rich North to the populous but parched South.
- Example sentences
- She adds that the underpopulation is hardly across the board: while her own ninth-grade classes are small, several 10th-grade classes run between 30 and 35.
- Here in Britain, we have heard a lot over the years about the problems of overpopulation in developing countries but very little about the very real danger of underpopulation in the developed lands.
- An alternative conceptual approach to identifying over- or underpopulation, which could be applied empirically, is to compare marginal social versus private costs and benefits.
Words that rhyme with underpopulatedunpopulated
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: under|popu¦lated
Definition of underpopulated in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.