- Falling short of being saturated with a particular constituent: corrosion takes place adjacent to pore spaces as the result of flushing by undersaturated pore fluidsMore example sentences
- To determine whether the water is supersaturated, saturated, or undersaturated with respect to the minerals present, a complete water analysis must be done, and the temperature and pressure of the environment must be known.
- On average, the water column of Lake Superior is undersaturated with respect to dissolved oxygen and supersaturated with respect to carbon dioxide during the summer-stratified period.
- Transfer of oxygen from the atmosphere into natural waters will occur when the water is undersaturated with oxygen.
- More example sentences
- Contrary to studies elsewhere, however, we found that the degree of oxygen undersaturation increased with lake trophic status, expressed either as total phosphorus or nitrogen concentrations.
More definitions of undersaturatedDefinition of undersaturated in:
- The US English dictionary