Falling short of being saturated with a particular constituent: corrosion takes place adjacent to pore spaces as the result of flushing by undersaturated pore fluids
More example sentences
- To determine whether the water is supersaturated, saturated, or undersaturated with respect to the minerals present, a complete water analysis must be done, and the temperature and pressure of the environment must be known.
- On average, the water column of Lake Superior is undersaturated with respect to dissolved oxygen and supersaturated with respect to carbon dioxide during the summer-stratified period.
- Transfer of oxygen from the atmosphere into natural waters will occur when the water is undersaturated with oxygen.
- More example sentences
- Contrary to studies elsewhere, however, we found that the degree of oxygen undersaturation increased with lake trophic status, expressed either as total phosphorus or nitrogen concentrations.
Definition of undersaturated in:
- The US English dictionary