Definition of undersell in English:
verb (past and past participle undersold)[with object]
1Sell something at a lower price than (a competitor): we can equal or undersell mail order
More example sentences
- Meanwhile, corporate agribusiness can undersell the small family farmer, making the small farm economically unviable.
- In other words, we subsidize our farmers so heavily that they can undersell poor competitors abroad.
- There are unquestionably farmers in a number of developing countries who have been undersold and even put out of business by imports whose prices are artificially low thanks to subsidies the rich countries pay their farmers.
1.1Promote or value (something) insufficiently: she feels she was underselling herself by putting her disability high on her CV
More example sentences
- As a result, they may undersell their strengths in order to avoid being singled out and made to feel conspicuous.
- To compare the world to an oyster (even one that is owned by me) is to undersell it a little, I think.
- He has always had a feel for what the audience wants and never knowingly undersells a great event or oversells a poor event.
Words that rhyme with undersellAdele, Aix-la-Chapelle, aquarelle, artel, au naturel, bagatelle, béchamel, befell, bell, belle, boatel, Brunel, Cadell, carousel, cartel, cell, Chanel, chanterelle, clientele, Clonmel, compel, Cornell, crime passionnel, dell, demoiselle, dispel, dwell, el, ell, Estelle, excel, expel, farewell, fell, Fidel, fontanelle, foretell, Gabrielle, gazelle, gel, Giselle, hell, hotel, impel, knell, lapel, mademoiselle, maître d'hôtel, Manuel, marcel, matériel, mesdemoiselles, Michel, Michelle, Miguel, misspell, morel, moschatel, Moselle, motel, muscatel, nacelle, Nell, Nobel, Noel, organelle, outsell, Parnell, pell-mell, personnel, propel, quell, quenelle, rappel, Raquel, Ravel, rebel, repel, Rochelle, Sahel, sardelle, sell, shell, show-and-tell, smell, Snell, spell, spinel, swell, tell, vielle, villanelle, well, yell
Definition of undersell in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan