- A skirt worn under another; a petticoat.More example sentences
- It was made of ivory silk with a cotton underskirt and a laced overskirt embroidered with delicate pink flowers.
- Traditional native clothing for women includes an apron over a long skirt and many underskirts.
- Her attire was simply undergarments, and an underskirt, usually attached to the gown just around the waist, to protect the gown from mud and tearing.
More definitions of underskirtDefinition of underskirt in:
- The US English dictionary