- 1Suspended from the underside of something: helicopters hover to lift underslung loadsMore example sentences
- Then every piece of equipment, including our food supply boxes, had to be accurately weighed so that we could tally the full weight of each underslung load.
- An underslung load hook is capable of carrying external loads up to 12,000 lb, and the load measurement is displayed in the cockpit.
- Cargo helicopters are heavier models capable of carrying 60 troops, lightly armoured vehicles, or underslung loads such as artillery and munitions.
- 1.1(Of a vehicle chassis) hanging lower than the axles.More example sentences
- The cockpit was underslung, with a top-mounted cannon and two machine guns on either side.
More definitions of underslungDefinition of underslung in:
- The US English dictionary