Definition of underwire in English:
A semicircular wire support stitched under each cup of a bra: [as modifier]: an underwire bra that is almost too pretty to hide
More example sentences
- If underwire bras are run though a washing machine, their wires will poke out for sure.
- It's more lingerie-oriented than your wife may be interested in, but even their conventional underwire bras feel soft and comfortable to me.
- Does the underwire in your bra always poke through after a few wearings?
- Example sentences
- Has anyone successfully managed to repair a sticky out wire coming out from an underwired bra?
- There is no evidence to suggest wearing a tight-fitting bra or underwired bra can cause breast cancer.
- I was in and out in 30 minutes including security (although I did have to out myself as an underwired bra wearer).
Definition of underwire in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.