- 1Wearing no clothes; naked: he was undressed and ready for bedMore example sentences
naked, nude, stark naked, bare, unclothed, unclad, stripped, denuded, disrobed, undraped, with nothing on, exposed; French au naturel• informal in one's birthday suit, without a stitch on, in the raw, in the altogether, in the buff, in the nuddy, mother nakedBritish • informal starkersNorth American • informal bare-assed, buck nakedBritish • vulgar slang bollock-naked
- You should also know that I'm not really naked, though I may be partially undressed.
- The two men, she said seemed to be partially undressed while the woman appeared to be naked.
- He lay me on the bed, undressed, as he removed his own clothes.
- 2Not treated, processed, or prepared for use: undressed deerskin a rough, undressed stone slabMore example sentences
- Use traditional lime mortars rather than leaving external stone undressed.
- It is made of roughly coursed undressed rectangular stone facings with a rubble core.
- Some are distinctly organic, the bark still on the sinuous floor joist, a chimneystack of undressed stone.
- 3(Of food) not having a dressing: an undressed saladMore example sentences
- This the time of year to eat healthily, but I'm not suggesting for one minute that this means eating undressed salads!
- For Rory Bremner, the greatest impersonator of the age, about the only thing he finds tasteless is an undressed salad.
- He observes, rightly, that the Calabrian peasant who has toiled for long hours in the field does not want to come home to a grilled sardine and an undressed green salad.