Definition of unearned in English:
1Not earned or deserved: unearned privileges
More example sentences
- Having said all that, there's really no way of interpreting the Prince's memo as anything other than an off-guard defense of old-fashioned deference, unearned privilege and patronage.
- They'll never get that ballast of unearned privilege into space.
- I began to count the ways in which I enjoy unearned skin privilege and have been conditioned into oblivion about it existence.
1.1 Baseball (Of a run) resulting from an error by the fielding side.
- The defense committed too many errors that led to unearned runs.
- He allowed just one hit and one unearned run in five innings while striking out eight batters.
- The Longhorns made five errors that led to four unearned runs in two losses.
Definition of unearned in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan