1Not earned or deserved: unearned privileges
More example sentences
- Having said all that, there's really no way of interpreting the Prince's memo as anything other than an off-guard defense of old-fashioned deference, unearned privilege and patronage.
- They'll never get that ballast of unearned privilege into space.
- I began to count the ways in which I enjoy unearned skin privilege and have been conditioned into oblivion about it existence.
1.1 Baseball (Of a run) resulting from an error by the fielding side.
- The defense committed too many errors that led to unearned runs.
- He allowed just one hit and one unearned run in five innings while striking out eight batters.
- The Longhorns made five errors that led to four unearned runs in two losses.
Words that rhyme with unearnedlearned, unreturned, unturned, upturned
Definition of unearned in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.