- 1Unprofitable: the closure of uneconomic pitsMore example sentences
- So he wants to increase taxes to make it uneconomic and unprofitable for airlines to offer cheap flights.
- This uneconomic tax policy represents a shift away from optimum fiscal principles.
- Diamond producer Namdeb is making progress on new projects that are aimed at finding new reserves and discovering ways of economically mining previously uneconomic reserves.
- 1.1Constituting an inefficient use of money or other resources: it may be uneconomic to repair some goodsMore example sentences
- In the later stages of a boom, excessive money and credit creation finance inflated asset prices and too much money and credit fuels uneconomic investments.
- ‘The council refused to consider having some of the new flats as affordable housing, saying this would be problematic, uneconomic and highly inefficient’, Cllr Williams said.
- If you do buy a Pentium 133 notebook PC, bear in mind that you are buying into old technology and that if anything should go wrong with it in the future then it is likely that even if parts were available, it would be uneconomic to repair.