Definition of unedifying in English:
(Especially of an event taking place in public) distasteful; unpleasant: the unedifying sight of the two leaders screeching conflicting proposals
More example sentences
- Since then, those who follow its fortunes have had little to observe beyond the continuing unedifying spectacle of very public settling of internal squabbles.
- Already we have been treated to the unedifying sight of ministers calling on preachers to pledge their support for the incumbent president.
- Last night Adelaide viewers were faced with the unedifying sight of having their nightly TV news beamed in from Sydney.
- Example sentences
- It was also at the centre of the squabbles over change in the leadership with mavericks in the party unedifyingly shooting their mouth off about gerontocracy in the party.
- In the 21st century, photography is often unedifyingly in cahoots with fame: a visual blandishment for the celebrity, a feeble sop for the rest of us.
- What's more, she looked like a living nightmare for white middle-class boys who want their pint-sized girl pop stars flaunting their booties rather than swathing them unedifyingly in trackie bottoms.
Words that rhyme with unedifyingunsatisfying • outlying
Definition of unedifying in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.