Definition of uneducated in English:
Having or showing a poor level of education: the workforce remains largely uneducated and unskilled women from uneducated backgrounds
More example sentences
- These tax cuts will be for the benefit of the high earners at the expense of the poorest, the uneducated and the most vulnerable people in our society.
- The meat packing industry is a huge draw for poor, largely, uneducated illegal aliens.
- If they are not oil rich sheikhs who plunder their country, they are poor uneducated townsfolk who desperately want to be liberated.
untaught, unschooled, ill-educated, untutored, untrained, unread, unscholarly, illiterate, unlettered, ignorant, ill-informed, uninformed, lowbrow;
uncouth, unsophisticated, uncultivated, uncultured, unaccomplished, unenlightened, philistine, benighted, backward, vulgar, simple
- Example sentences
- ‘We've come a long way from the days when profoundly handicapped people were considered uneducable,’ he adds, ‘but services haven't caught up with demand, or recognised that their needs are very expensive.’
- He is, in all likelihood, uneducable on this point.
- That isn't the problem, not unless you happen to be a Tory of the uneducable, unflinching sort.
Words that rhyme with uneducatedovereducated, self-educated, undereducated
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan