(Of a person) not able or likely to get paid employment because of a lack of skills or qualifications.
- We are creating skip loads of new jobs every year but because something has gone badly wrong in the skilling department, we have an army of unemployable people walking the streets.
- The listening test features unemployable actors or robots reading out unnatural sentences in plodding monotones, or with inflections in the wrong places.
- Never mind that women's liberation also released men from the responsibility of marrying young and supporting unemployable wives.
- Example sentences
- Well, here the men are, and it is ludicrous to attribute their joblessness to corporate bigotry, rather than to their own unemployability.
- These young people who do not go abroad to study, and do not have the appropriate skills and literacy or marketable job skills are caught in a wasteland of unemployability.
- In fact, he offered no medical evidence at all to support his sweeping, general assertions of disability and unemployability.
Definition of unemployable in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.