Definition of unencumbered in English:
1Not having any burden or impediment: he needed to travel light and unencumbered
More example sentences
- Here, too, was a place where I could freely speculate about Mary's album's complex meanings, unencumbered by the burden of historical proof.
- He offered the view, unencumbered by reality check, that prolonged engagement would necessitate the introduction of conscription.
- This allowed wedding parties and other users to experience relatively unencumbered views of the historic chapel.
1.1Free of debt or other financial liability.
- There is an important public interest in discouraging restraint on trade, and maintaining free and open competition unencumbered by the fetters of restrictive covenants.
- For Winer, the trick is to find prime land that's unencumbered by debt, yet managed by people with a vision for it.
- The way to ensure that there aren't hungry people in the world is to give peasants land, unencumbered by debt peonage.
Words that rhyme with unencumberedunnumbered
Definition of unencumbered in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.