- (Especially of an obligation or law) impossible to enforce: such contracts may be declared unenforceable by the courtsMore example sentences
- It is a criminological commonplace that it is counter-productive to pass unenforceable laws because this breeds general contempt for the law.
- Nothing destroys governmental authority more than an unenforceable law, as the poll tax demonstrated.
- Police bosses secretly taxed the trespass of what was seen as unenforceable laws.
More definitions of unenforceableDefinition of unenforceable in:
- The US English dictionary