Definition of unenthusiastic in English:
Not having or showing enthusiasm: an unenthusiastic response
More example sentences
- Sarah Lancashire's popularity seems to be dipping in the light of the unenthusiastic response to Rose and Maloney.
- The unenthusiastic response to conventional arts and science courses is a pointer to the lacklustre job opportunities available for such courses.
- She knew they were failures, and he read her disapproval in every perfunctory and unenthusiastic line of her letter.
- Example sentences
- ‘I really need to start looking at these,’ she said unenthusiastically, picking up the nearest college prospectus to her and flicking through dispiritedly.
- ‘I should go work on my mother,’ I mumbled unenthusiastically.
- I wrapped my arms unenthusiastically round his waist and we were off.
Pronunciation: /ˌʌnɪnθjuːziˈastɪkli/ /ˌʌnɛnθjuːziˈastɪkli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan