Leaving no doubt; unambiguous: an unequivocal answer he was unequivocal in condemning the violence
More example sentences
- On the other hand, speakers could be quite unequivocal and left no doubt as to their belief in what was being told.
- Asked if either of those substances were relevant to the treatment of colic his answer is precise and unequivocal.
- It is very good to have such a clear and unequivocal statement.
unambiguous, unmistakable, indisputable, incontrovertible, indubitable, undeniable;
clear, clear-cut, crystal clear, plain, well defined, explicit, specific, unqualified, unreserved, categorical, outright, downright, direct, straightforward, blunt, outspoken, candid, point-blank, straight from the shoulder, black and white, positive, certain, decisive, emphatic, absolute, manifest, distinct
- Example sentences
- Trying to use these means to achieve painterly effects brings the photographer into conflict with the truthfulness and unequivocalness of his medium, his material, his technique.
- According to Einstein this was impossible, considering the hypothesis of the unequivocalness of the event.
- However, there are significant differences and difficulties according to the unequivocalness of product allocation to specific groups and subgroups.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.