- 1Not level or smooth: the floors are cracked and unevenMore example sentences
- The teams were given just an hour-and-a-half to design and build a vehicle to carry astronauts and their equipment over the rough and uneven surface of the moon.
- I can confirm the road surface in Southborough Lane definitely needed resurfacing in this area as it had very large potholes and an uneven surface.
- The report did say that uneven road surfaces and potholes were quite dangerous and showed an inconsistency with the town centre.
- 2Not regular, consistent, or equal: the uneven distribution of resourcesMore example sentences
irregular, unequal, differing, dissimilar, unlike, unalike, unidentical, unbalanced, lopsided, awry, askew, crooked, asymmetrical, unsymmetrical, disproportionate, not matchinginconsistent, variable, varying, changeable, fluctuating, intermittent, wavering, irregular, erratic, patchy, bitty
- Many soils have an uneven distribution of resources owing to fertilizer applications and the periodic saturation of topsoil with rainwater.
- The ethnic and religious strife is really a matter of an uneven distribution of economic resources and opportunities.
- Some would say this does not address the very uneven distribution of resources.
- 2.1(Of a contest) not equally balanced: Fran struggled briefly but soon gave up the uneven matchMore example sentences
- But if it was merely an issue of community pride in an uneven contest why was no pressure exerted on the incumbent to step down?
- The United States versus Brazil is a most uneven contest, and the smart money will not be betting on Lula.
- This was an uneven contest with the Dunlavin girls showing superior skill and teamwork.
- More example sentences
- Like many other countries, wealth is unevenly distributed in Jamaica.
- Opportunities were still unevenly spread around the country, he warned.
- The whole affair is a punitive measure which operates most unevenly.