Definition of unexceptional in English:
Not out of the ordinary; usual: an unexceptional movie
More example sentences
- It was just a pity the contest left something to be desired; the standard was unexceptional, and, for much of the game, Holland were a big disappointment.
- Musically, everything is absolutely fine, in a middle-of-the-road, unexceptional sort of way.
- Harrison Ford and Christopher Plummer are two exceptional actors, unfortunately thrown into a very unexceptional movie.
ordinary, average, typical, common, everyday, run-of-the-mill, middle-of-the-road, stock, mediocre, so-so, pedestrian, unremarkable, undistinguished, indifferent, unimpressive;
informalOK, nothing special, nothing to write home about, no great shakes, not much cop, fair-to-middling, bog standard
- Example sentences
- The menu reads unexceptionally - standard anglicised Chinese fare - but once you accept the lack of authenticity, then the food is actually excellent.
- It unexceptionally demands ID from everyone who wanders up to the bar.
- Four judges of the Federal Court have, in our respectful submission, quite unexceptionally construed this section.
Pronunciation: /ˌʌnɪkˈsɛpʃ(ə)nəli/ /ˌʌnɛkˈsɛpʃ(ə)nəli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.