Definition of unexceptional in English:
Not out of the ordinary; usual: an unexceptional movie
More example sentences
- It was just a pity the contest left something to be desired; the standard was unexceptional, and, for much of the game, Holland were a big disappointment.
- Musically, everything is absolutely fine, in a middle-of-the-road, unexceptional sort of way.
- Harrison Ford and Christopher Plummer are two exceptional actors, unfortunately thrown into a very unexceptional movie.
ordinary, average, typical, common, everyday, run-of-the-mill, middle-of-the-road, stock, mediocre, so-so, pedestrian, unremarkable, undistinguished, indifferent, unimpressive;
informal OK, nothing special, nothing to write home about, no great shakes, not much cop, fair-to-middling, bog standard
- Example sentences
- The menu reads unexceptionally - standard anglicised Chinese fare - but once you accept the lack of authenticity, then the food is actually excellent.
- It unexceptionally demands ID from everyone who wanders up to the bar.
- Four judges of the Federal Court have, in our respectful submission, quite unexceptionally construed this section.
Pronunciation: /ˌʌnɪkˈsɛpʃ(ə)nəli/ /ˌʌnɛkˈsɛpʃ(ə)nəli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan