1Not feeling or displaying enthusiasm, eagerness, or strong emotion: he seems genuinely unexcited by becoming a major player in Hollywood
More example sentences
- The survey found 56 percent of Republicans were either ambivalent or unexcited by his candidacy.
- Even the companies who make robots seem pretty unexcited about them.
- The girl on the information desk looks similarly unexcited.
2 Physics Of or in the normal or lowest energy state.
- In most materials in their normal state, there will be far more electrons in the unexcited lower energy level orbitals then there are in the more energetic excited ones.
- Nuclei with full shells of protons, neutrons, or both are said to have magic numbers and, if unexcited, are usually spherical.
- Initially all the donors are unexcited and available to absorb incident excitons.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: un|ex¦cited
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.