Definition of unexpected in English:
Not expected or regarded as likely to happen: his death was totally unexpected (as noun the unexpected) he seemed to have a knack for saying the unexpected
More example sentences
- Still, there is always the promise of next year and another chance to expect the unexpected.
- For Margaret has learned to expect the unexpected and no two days at work are ever the same for her.
- Prepare to expect the unexpected as each episode sets out to spook the brain and tickle the funny bone.
- [as submodifier]: an unexpectedly high priceMore example sentences
- When I was in the top juniors, my Dad was made redundant, suddenly and unexpectedly.
- The starting point for this study was families in which two or more infants had died suddenly and unexpectedly.
- People who are otherwise healthy can also faint suddenly and unexpectedly.
- 2unexpectedness noun
- Example sentences
- The unexpectedness made the sting even worse of course.
- But that's okay, because it's this very unexpectedness that gives the movie its impact.
- Anyway, it was pretty interesting, especially for the unexpectedness of it.
Words that rhyme with unexpectedaspected, disaffected, disconnected, invected, unaffected, uncollected, unconnected, uncorrected, undetected, undirected, unelected, uninflected, unprotected, unselected, unsuspected
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.