- 1(Of a thought or feeling) not communicated or made known: he thought it best to leave his doubts unexpressedMore example sentences
- One of the many scandalous realities we choose to ignore because we cannot assimilate it is the fact of unexpressed thought.
- Write down your feelings and unexpressed thoughts - the ones the breakup left you with and the ones you never told her about when you were friends.
- When you first allow your child to have full tantrums, she may have quite a few, because you've opened the doors to a storehouse full of unexpressed feelings.
- 2 Genetics (Of a gene) not appearing in a phenotype: shortness is a recessive or unexpressed characteristic of Mendel’s pea plantsMore example sentences
- We note that correction could occur between a highly expressed gene and an unexpressed pseudogene.
- Consequently, it is impossible to determine how selection would have acted on unexpressed alternative phenotypes in that environment.
- Indeed, if sequence divergence decreases hybridization signal, these genes should have more frequently appeared overexpressed than unexpressed.
More definitions of unexpressedDefinition of unexpressed in:
- The US English dictionary