Definition of unfilial in English:
Not having or showing the qualities associated with a son or daughter: to question a parental decision was considered unfilial
More example sentences
- Another tells the story of an old man deserted by his unfilial daughters and which has some similarity to Shakespeare's ‘King Lear’.
- Mencius, a Confucian master even said: ‘There are three things which are unfilial, and to have no posterity is the greatest of them.’
- Either is possible, because the disheartening news about unfilial children still alerts me to the possibility of the son turning his back on his mother.
- Example sentences
- In her search for her missing husband, the woman demonstrated loyalty to her husband; however, since her discovery of the body exposed her father's crime, she also acted unfilially.
- He published by subscription a small edition of his father's works in 1747, but selfishly and unfilially omitted several of the best of them.
- ‘I don't know whether to speak to Abner,’ the other proceeded unfilially, ‘or the great Penny first.’
Definition of unfilial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan