1(Of clay or pottery) not fired: homemade bowls of unfired clay
More example sentences
- Equally evocative was a work consisting of three white-enamel bathtubs absurdly linked with the same unfired clay to plumbing pipes passing (ordinarily unnoticed) through the gallery space.
- Occasionally the books were illustrated with engravings, but none could match the authenticity of the sixty-three unfired clay figures in Royer's collection.
- Everything is colored a dull, even gray, like unfired clay.
2(Of a gun) not discharged.
- Angel noticed that he had an unfired taser in his hand.
- This old gun was unfired, but carrying a relatively low price tag, since the gold plating was actually gold paint.
- From one of the ‘Greatest Generation,’ this pistol is unfired in the original box.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.