- 1 [predic.] (Of a person) not fitted or suited for a particular task or vocation: she was unfitted for marriageMore example sentences
- As things had worked out Stein had had the unusual experience of being a genuine supremo in his first managerial job and he was subsequently unfitted for any subordinate command.
- He was sadly unfitted for hating his best friend or for torturing his wife.
- Thus, to train children to perform mental operations, or to practice tasks, for which they are unfitted, is a crime against nature.
- 2(Of furniture) not fitted: unfitted bedroom furnitureMore example sentences
- Cabinetry, in both cherry wood and ivory-matte lacquer finishes, was selected to create an unfitted furniture look.
- Rick developed design ideas for the farmhouse-style kitchen, with unfitted cabinetry and generous uses of old and reclaimed lumber.
- When possible, include any free standing or unfitted piece of furniture into the design no matter what theme you are trying to create.
More definitions of unfittedDefinition of unfitted in:
- The US English dictionary