- 1Not fixed, in particular:More example sentences
- But the distinction between unfixed oral expression and the fixed written word was central to Socrates' critique of writing.
- But when the cheap fix becomes unfixed, we are often called in to deal with it.
- 1.1Not fixed in a definite place or position; unfastened; loose: the green cloth cover had become unfixed in a dozen placesMore example sentences
- I ran to the bus stop hair loose, necktie unfolded and an open and unfixed bag.
- His unfixed gaze shifted to Joy but he seemed to be looking past her.
- The cut surface of the unfixed liver may also appear relatively normal, until closely inspected with a magnifying lens.
- 1.2Uncertain or variable: a being of unfixed genderMore example sentences
- The ‘queer fantasy’ that the film offers is thus that of a world in which desire and masculine identity are fluid, unfixed, and endlessly remakable, while femininity is pathologized through parody.
- Even tribal affiliations appear unfixed and mutable, as an otherwise minor character, serves to emphasize with his vague background.
- This sense of cinema as fluid and unfixed runs counter to the idea of cinema as an unchanging arena of masterpieces and failures and is considerably more liberating for the historian.
- More example sentences
- So much of the angst surrounding Derrida's work comes from a fear that he destabilises and unfixes truth and meaning.
- We fix it, it stays fixed for a couple of printings, then it mysteriously unfixes itself once more.
- This critique is particularly valid when one considers that, even as the film unfixes gender, it repeatedly heterosexualizes Orlando's romantic exchanges.
More definitions of unfixedDefinition of unfixed in:
- The US English dictionary