- 1(Of a person) not willing to divulge information: the sergeant seemed unforthcoming, so he enquired at the gateMore example sentences
- Brian strikes me as actually quite a glum and unforthcoming figure.
- They were similarly unforthcoming when asked for specifics about the number of jobs that the company plans to cut.
- The company that manufactures them has been extremely uncooperative and unforthcoming with information.
- 2(Of something required) not ready or made available when wanted or needed: with money unforthcoming from the company, the project has had to be delayedMore example sentences
- But proof is still unforthcoming as to whether or not the party's sister organisation the IRA was even involved.
- The selection here - winnowed from almost the entire body of surviving correspondence precisely as being of the greatest interest - proves almost completely unforthcoming in this respect.
- Message boards have been quiet, reviews unforthcoming.
More definitions of unforthcomingDefinition of unforthcoming in:
- The US English dictionary