- 1Not fortified against attack: there seems to have been an unfortified village on the siteMore example sentences
- They left France's frontier with Belgium unfortified, and the assumption was that the Germans would attack, as in 1914, through north and central Belgium.
- Each tribe encompassed a number of neighboring villages, most of which during the fifth century were unfortified.
- If the electrical power lines to a plant were cut, the reactor would automatically shut down unless relatively unfortified backup generators were disabled.
- 2(Of wine) without added spirits.More example sentences
- Vermouth is a flavoured fortified wine, while the Greek retsina is perhaps the most strikingly flavoured unfortified wine.
More definitions of unfortifiedDefinition of unfortified in:
- The US English dictionary