- Make or become spread out from a rolled or folded state, especially in order to be open to the wind: [with object]: a man was unfurling a sail [no object]: the flags unfurlMore example sentences
- The boat suddenly lurched and spun about as the sail was unfurled and caught the wind.
- Tom, if you have to ask why there is a roll of toilet paper unfurled on Washington Street, obviously you don't have a clue.
- But most of the rolls will also be unfurled on new housing sites springing up all over the country.
More definitions of unfurlDefinition of unfurl in:
- The US English dictionary